Business Development Representative (BDR)
Based in Ottawa Canada, Lytica is a Supply Chain Intelligence company that has grown to become the most trusted electronic component cost reduction and risk mitigation platform worldwide. Lytica provides the only commercially available SaaS (Software as a Service) platform that allows a company to benchmark the competitiveness of their electronic component pricing against the real market.
Since the introduction of Lytica’s proprietary cost benchmarking methodology, a growing list of top electronics manufacturers have made SupplyLens™ Pro a foundation in their pursuit of a world-class cost base improvement. Additionally, Lytica was recognized in the 2022 ProcureTech100, which identifies and champions the 100 pioneering digital procurement technology, data and analytics solutions that are supercharging procurement and the enterprise.
With our proprietary SaaS offering and growing set of major global customers, Lytica is experiencing explosive growth – and we need you!
Why Join Lytica?
- We believe happy employees are the best employees. Lytica offers competitive compensation, a robust benefits plan, a remote/hybrid work environment, social events, lunch & learns and, of course, awesome colleagues to work with!
- We’re a multicultural and diverse team. Put simply, our differences are our strengths. At Lytica, all ideas are heard and the best win.
- We build cutting edge technology. Lytica has some of the country’s top technology and analytics experts working to solve complex industry issues that make a real difference for our customers.
- Career growth is encouraged and fostered. Company growth means your career can accelerate. Executives and managers take genuine interest in your career progression. Let’s face it, no one gets to the top on their own! Lytica is experiencing rapid growth and wants you to be a part of the journey. So, if you’re a ‘builder’ at heart or a subject matter expert with a can-do attitude and want to be a part of making something really special, this is a great place to be!
Lytica is looking for a BDR (Business Development Representative) to play a critical role in our exponential growth by contributing daily to our sales pipeline. In the role, you will be responsible for:
- Qualifying prospective customers – You will act as the first point of contact with prospective customers in order to qualify their interest in Lytica and set up follow up discussions between the prospect and sales directors. The customer leads come from a variety of inbound and outbound sources – which include tradeshows, events, webinars, email marketing, digital initiatives and more
- Proactive, outbound customer prospecting – In addition to qualifying inbound lead flow, BDRs will be expected to cold prospect targeted accounts within their territory via a variety of mechanisms (e.g. email, phone, social) in order to qualitfy interest in Lytica’s solutions
- Partner with Marketing & Sales to improve customer acquisition – Act as a partner to the marketing and sales organizations by contributing insights on a variety of topics, including sales messaging, campaign effectiveness, and innovative ideas to improve customer acquisition
A successful BDR at Lytica will have the opportunity to fast-track their career within Sales, Marketing, or other relevant functional areas.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to quickly understand technological concepts as well as the supply chain and procurement industry
- Driven individual with a very strong work ethic and goal-oriented working style
- 0-2 years of successful sales experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Very organized and open to working with new organizational technologies (e.g. CRMs, Marketing Automation Systems, etc.)
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Interested candidates may apply through the careers section on Lytica’s website. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Lytica is an equal opportunity Employer. We celebrate, support, and thrive on diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact the Human Resources department and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
Apply for this position
Use the form below to submit your job application