Based in Ottawa Canada, Lytica is a Supply Chain Intelligence company that has grown to become the most trusted electronic component cost reduction and risk mitigation platform worldwide. Lytica provides the only commercially available SaaS (Software as a Service) platform that allows a company to benchmark the competitiveness of their electronic component pricing against the real market. Since the introduction of Lytica’s proprietary cost benchmarking methodology, a growing list of top electronics manufacturers have made SupplyLens™ Pro a foundation for their pursuit of a world-class cost base improvement. With our unique SaaS offering and growing set of global customers, Lytica is experiencing explosive growth – and we need you!
Why Join Lytica?
We’re a multicultural and diverse team. Put simply, our differences are our strengths. At Lytica all ideas are heard, and the best one’s win. We work with cutting edge technology. Lytica has some of the country’s top technology and analytics experts working to solve complex industry issues and make a real difference for our customers.
Company growth means your career can accelerate. Executives and managers take genuine interest in your career progression. Let’s face it, no one gets to the top on their own! Lytica is experiencing rapid growth and wants you to be a part of the journey. So, if you’re a ‘builder’ at heart or a subject matter expert with a can-do attitude and want to be a part of making something really special, this is a great place to be!
What can you expect? How about: a robust benefits plan, a remote/hybrid work environment, competitive compensation, social events, lunch & learns and of course an awesome team of colleagues to work with!
Lytica is looking for a Chief Data and Engineering Officer to play an important part in building our culture and making a global impact. Working with the President and CEO, the Chief Data and Engineering Officer will plan, direct, coordinate, and oversee activities in the Data and Engineering departments ensuring excellent communication and coordination between both teams. This role focuses on the development and implementation of efficient operations and cost-effective systems to meet current and future needs of the company.
Activities and responsibilities include
- Provide effective, inspirational leadership across Data and Engineering teams. Define and establish a positive, collaborative, result oriented culture, in line with Lytica’s corporate goals and culture.
- Design, implement, and monitor all operations and key performance metrics/operational efficiency for the data and engineering teams. Provide timely delivery of projects in accordance with business goals.
- Provide clear definition of data and engineering associated strategy, workflows, and standard operating procedures (SOPs) necessary to achieve Lytica’s mid-to-long-term business goals. Define the Technology Roadmap for Data and Engineering Teams.
- Build a well-architected “Data Factory” capable of delivering this vision. Own the “data lifecycle”. Establish and deliver on a data centric set of Quality Criteria. Define Data Hygiene and Quality Control, the Data Dictionary, and all necessary data SOPs.
- Understand and collaborate on the complete data-centric product lifecycle from concept to execution. Technical product impacting areas of interest include Data, Security, Software, Infrastructure
- Build, develop, and manage the data and engineering teams capable of carrying out the above initiatives. Maintain a scalable and cost-effective Data and Engineering organization, embracing a culture of learning and improvement. Know how to recruit and develop top data and engineering talent.
- Recommend new technology and ideas to improve productivity and efficiency. Increase the value of Lytica’s IP, with low cost of ownership. Maintain and optimize budgets to meet goals.
- 7+ years of experience as a senior data-centric leader of cross functional teams delivering SaaS products and services
- 10+ years of experience managing Data & Engineering teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent. Master’s degree is preferred. MBA or equivalent is a benefit
- Strong verbal, visual, and written communication skills with the ability to explain approach to all levels in the organization including key stakeholders
- Ability to think strategically and see the big picture
- Experience managing distributed high-performance teams
- Ability to navigate the (hybrid) organization and establish collaboration between multiple teams / work groups
- Experience in defining and calibrating SDLC in order to meet Lytica’s business objectives
- Experience in scaling teams in a fast-paced environment
- Good track record for Data Governance and regulations compliance
- Experience with managing Big Data projects
- Working knowledge of AI and machine learning
- Proven success working closely with Product Management, contributing to the product strategy and helping to successfully deliver on the product roadmap
Lytica is an equal opportunity Employer. We celebrate, support, and thrive on diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact the Human Resources department and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
We invite all qualified candidates to apply. Please note, you must be eligible to work in Canada to be considered for this role. We thank everyone for their interest; however, only applicants continuing in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Apply for this position
Use the form below to submit your job application